Unity - Completed - Sounds of Succubus [Final] [RakuRai]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Mare

Game has cool ideas but pretty poor execution on those ideas.

-Gameplay is basically surviving a timer by dodging stuff on your screen.
    -It is somewhat glitchy and buggy. Definitely not polished enough, making it way too easy for the most part and too hard at certain points. Fairly boring if you ask me.
    -Game is very short. Too short.
    -The art is ok/good depending on your taste. Total of 5 stages with 6 characters total, with the 1st stage having 2 characters. Every stage has 2 cg's (1 victory, 1 loss). Winning unlocks the loss cg in gallery too. What you see in the preview is pretty much half of the cgs in the game.

Lackluster
  2. 4.00 star(s)

roalin

Quite decent. Artwork was good, and gameplay was reasonably engaging with great music.

The game does a good job of telegraphing everything reasonably to the extent I was able to beat about half of the bosses completely blind (granted on easiest difficulty). But if you're not into dodging you can always skip the gameplay with barrier.

I'd rate the gameplay higher because it does genuinely do some cool stuff, but there are certain boss fights that are a little too easy or have areas that are completely safe for a little too long.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

tornasunder

While the artwork is high quality, it's another femdom game which suffers from having male developer(s) who are a bit too selfishly focused upon their own pleasure that their imagination cannot fathom women in dominant positions doing anything more to them than give them blowjobs, titjobs, or handjobs. This is such an overdone trope with games like this that you've really already seen it hundreds of times by now: too much focus on male pleasure and not enough focus on female pleasure. There's six girls to 'fight' and only one scene for vaginal sex when it comes to the defeat scenes. In victory, of course, you can see actual sex rather than a handjob or blowjob, but what makes femdom exciting is the women winning and using the defeated player for what I always hope is more than just fellatio, but seldom is.

As for the story, who knows. It's an H-game. I don't know if this is a proper fan-translation or if it was translated via AI, but either way, it's good enough and far superior to the usual machine translations we've had the last 10+ years. Something about "dream demons" (see: succubi) existing in the minds/delusions of humanity and if humans start to fear the succubi, they'll start to eradicate humanity or something. From what I understand, you work for a company named Lotus and they created a relic that I suppose allows you to enter the minds of succubi instead. So, you take the form of a butterfly and invade their dream states. The game/translation keeps mentioning that you're attempting to duplicate these dream demons, which is apparently for observing them when you read the text in the CG gallery.

It's a bullet hell where that element aligns with the music track. The music is pretty cool and I'd argue is better than the H-scenes. You survive the bullet hell for about two minutes or so until the song ends to proceed to the victory scene (or you lose on purpose to see the defeat scenes). If you suck at bullet hells or find it too challenging, you can honestly just activate the barrier/shield and just sit there until the song ends. The barrier is essentially a cheat for godmode and doesn't seem to have a duration to it, so you have to manually deactivate it if you don't want to cheat the entire fight.

The game seems to set up a sequel so perhaps the next game will have some decent femdom to it. It's a short game with 6 girls to fight, 2 scenes each. I beat it in less than 30 minutes.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Carbid

It could be a good game if developer did better job with colliders, but most levels have stages which are impossible to beat without barrier, which feels like a cheat rather than tool. With such approach you can simply download save file and enjoy the arts (which are quite good, I admit) or check CG on other sites.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

11bears

H - 3/5
    Art is great.
    Text is good as well, if you're looking for classic succubi - they will use you, even if you win th elevel. Not my favorite.
    No real variety, two scenes per chapter. Most are shown in the previews, only the last chapter is hidden.
    Simple gallery viewer with text, change of expressions/fluids and some plapping sfx.

Gameplay - 4+/5

Fan of souls-like, rhythm games or any bullet hell? You'll love it.
    Simple gameplay like in other games of RakuRai - top-down avoid everything with WASD and dash. Controller is probably much better.

Want to really grind? You can lose hours. Levels are tied to music with configurable offset for those of you capable of reacting within milliseconds. High skill threshold and no real difficulty adjustment is the reason it's not 5/5.
    "Easy" is 5 lives/mistakes per level, hardest - zero lives.

Tired of split second evasions or just in the mood to wank - press shift once per level to engage "shield" and enjoy great music visualizer.
    No need to lose and win each time, all content is skippable in like 20 minutes. Even text - hold shift, select skip if tired of slow scrolling text.

Music - 6/5
    Frankly, music is awesome.
    Both tracker music vibes and each track being themed after the character are amazing.
    I liked it so much so that I searched for the artist and found their bandcamp (google cresdot, in case the link is broken):
    https://cresdot.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-of-succubus-original-
    soundtrack

I would say that the game doesn't need H, music is enough for it to be great. But H means target audience is more likely to find them, probably.