SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Release date is it known? Can we expect at least this month?
No, and no....

Dev Diary 81

TD here, coming off the top rope with a dev diary.

Currently Ch4Up5 sits at 2,091 statics, 61 animatons, and 39,152 words.

That means 226 statics, 10 animations, and 4,873 words have been added to the project since the last report.

Things are wrapping up with the big Kathleen scene for this update. The image work might be finished today or should be finished tomorrow. Either way, we'll be breaking ground on the big multi-character event that will be the final feather in the update's cap.

In other news, I've taken to learning some rudimentary video editing so that we can better integrate sound into our scenes. It's been a lot of fun! That's part of my love of developing an AVN; it asks a lot of different things from you and learning is its reward. But yeah... expect some nasty noises from our work with Kat.

Welp, I'll end it here.

Thank you so much for your interest and support.

The Senior Perv

May 4, 2022
Dev Diary 82.png

Dev Diary 82

Hello, all TD here.

Overall, the project currently sits at 2,234 static images, 63 animations, and 41,367 words.

That means over the past two weeks we've added 143 images, 2 animations, and 2,215 words.

Numbers are on a bit of a low side this report, but there was a lot of preliminary work that went ahead before we got properly started on the scene.

On GIL's side, it was the usual; settling on costumes for the cast, making extras, polishing a large map we haven't used since Week 1, and some exploratory animation work that we're not counting yet in the totals.

On my side, I was extra cautious with the planning. Normally I keep things straight in my head, but with the complexity of all five heroines interacting inside of their various relationship states with the player character, I thought making an actual flow chart was prudent. Like seriously, Mina alone can already know Veronica, she can know about Hana and Edwin, you can be in a relationship with her, you can keep it platonic, you could've broken up with her, plus there are various Ian variables that come into play... all sorts of stuff that inform group interactions. I had some dread at the start, but it has been a lot of fun puzzling out the details of the scene.

Anyway, like I said numbers are on the low side, but we're rolling now and very excited to finish the update with a bang. No estimate for the release date yet, but we're aiming to get it out within the year's end. A more concrete estimate will be forthcoming once we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Please look forward to it and thank you for the support.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 4061000

Dev Diary 82

Hello, all TD here.

Overall, the project currently sits at 2,234 static images, 63 animations, and 41,367 words.

That means over the past two weeks we've added 143 images, 2 animations, and 2,215 words.

Numbers are on a bit of a low side this report, but there was a lot of preliminary work that went ahead before we got properly started on the scene.

On GIL's side, it was the usual; settling on costumes for the cast, making extras, polishing a large map we haven't used since Week 1, and some exploratory animation work that we're not counting yet in the totals.

On my side, I was extra cautious with the planning. Normally I keep things straight in my head, but with the complexity of all five heroines interacting inside of their various relationship states with the player character, I thought making an actual flow chart was prudent. Like seriously, Mina alone can already know Veronica, she can know about Hana and Edwin, you can be in a relationship with her, you can keep it platonic, you could've broken up with her, plus there are various Ian variables that come into play... all sorts of stuff that inform group interactions. I had some dread at the start, but it has been a lot of fun puzzling out the details of the scene.

Anyway, like I said numbers are on the low side, but we're rolling now and very excited to finish the update with a bang. No estimate for the release date yet, but we're aiming to get it out within the year's end. A more concrete estimate will be forthcoming once we see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Based on these numbers, TD and GIL have averaged ~72 static images, 1.0 animations and 1108 words per week since the previous dev diary two weeks ago. Overall, they are now averaging 92 statics, 2.6 animations, and 1693 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 5 began. Here are the charts for week 24:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As TD said, not much of a surge this week, but we'll see if things pick up now that the framework is sorted out.

If you saw my rampant speculation a little while ago, you may recall my guessing that the very nebulous potential release window stretched from the end of October to the beginning of February depending on just how big the event would be. We now know the devs are targeting a release by the end of the year, though again it's too soon to set any deadlines. Per my napkin math, that suggests the big event with the LIs will be somewhat more labor intensive than the art Expo from Felicia's date in Ch4Up4, but still less intensive than the complete date (which includes the various sex scenes that followed the expo).

Of course, these were just very rough guidelines, and it's always possible the devs are underestimating (or overestimating) the resources this new event will require. Personally, I think the end of the year seems like a decent estimate for now, but I would not be surprised if Update 5 winds up releasing a few weeks into early 2025. Whatever this event is, it sounds like it will be a significant milestone for the characters involved - to say nothing of the potential for a great deal of fun for us; I'm guessing the devs won't want to cut any corners here, and they'd probably be right not to.

fred9320

Dec 23, 2022
Based on these numbers, TD and GIL have averaged ~72 static images, 1.0 animations and 1108 words per week since the previous dev diary two weeks ago. Overall, they are now averaging 92 statics, 2.6 animations, and 1693 words per week since work on Chapter 4 Update 5 began. Here are the charts for week 24:
As TD said, not much of a surge this week, but we'll see if things pick up now that the framework is sorted out.

If you saw my rampant speculation a little while ago, you may recall my guessing that the very nebulous potential release window stretched from the end of October to the beginning of February depending on just how big the event would be. We now know the devs are targeting a release by the end of the year, though again it's too soon to set any deadlines. Per my napkin math, that suggests the big event with the LIs will be somewhat more labor intensive than the art Expo from Felicia's date in Ch4Up4, but still less intensive than the complete date (which includes the various sex scenes that followed the expo).

Of course, these were just very rough guidelines, and it's always possible the devs are underestimating (or overestimating) the resources this new event will require. Personally, I think the end of the year seems like a decent estimate for now, but I would not be surprised if Update 5 winds up releasing a few weeks into early 2025. Whatever this event is, it sounds like it will be a significant milestone for the characters involved - to say nothing of the potential for a great deal of fun for us; I'm guessing the devs won't want to cut any corners here, and they'd probably be right not to.
are certified quality iso 14001 ?? pp

fred9320

Dec 23, 2022

i hope the update will come soon

UmbralKnight

Aug 24, 2024
View attachment 4061000

Dev Diary 82

Hello, all TD here.

i am guessing the character in this image preview is veronica's mentor ?

Birdnman993

Dec 6, 2021
Mina alone can already know Veronica, she can know about Hana and Edwin, you can be in a relationship with her, you can keep it platonic, you could've broken up with her, plus there are various Ian variables that come into play... all sorts of stuff that inform group interactions. I had some dread at the start, but it has been a lot of fun puzzling out the details of the scene.
Finally we can have a relationship with Mina Oh yeah!!! Time to celebrate!
michael-scott-michael.gif

Emeraald

Sep 19, 2021
Haven’t played this game before because I only play completed games. Any estimate for the games completion or does it still got a long while?

Biscardone

May 2, 2020
*may or may not have included head scratches, various levels of groaning, cursing, out-of-window staring, belly rubs.
The joys of creative work, right? One day inspiration strikes and you feel unstoppable. The next day, your muse is on sick leave and you find yourself tiptoeing over previous work, with no direction and no results.
At least, that's how it is for me. Inspiration usually comes to me when I'm not focused on the task and I'm doing something else (whether it's driving home, cooking or even sitting on the porcelain throne thinking about the Chief World Systems). Speaking of, the creative masterpiece happens when you aren't able to jot down ideas in time, and they get lost - circumstances in which you regret not being able to kick yourself...

Reactions: ffive

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
The joys of creative work, right? One day inspiration strikes and you feel unstoppable. The next day, your muse is on sick leave and you find yourself tiptoeing over previous work, with no direction and no results.
Don't forget re-reading your work after couple of weeks and coming to conclusion it's actually dog shit.

4.90 star(s) 490 Votes