4.20 star(s) 277 Votes

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
Trying to insult me by saying me Mr. Perfect for a VN is crazy lmao.
Both decisions were wrong—first, not letting Emma go, and then letting her go unsupervised.
The protagonist could have easily negotiated with her, suggesting he follow from a distance. (If not, there could be a scene where the protagonist tries to negotiate this, but Emma refuses.) If she refused, he could have called in a favor from one of his contacts, as he’s mentioned knowing people. He’s a bodyguard—he should have done more to secure Emma. Even with the stalker being caught, that's no excuse for his lack of action.
Zak acted like a complete douche. Hillside has a serious problem with sexual assaults, and instead of comforting Charlotte, he should have been doing his job.
There are other issues too. He didn’t notice anyone following them at the shop—remember, Emma has a stalker problem!
Emma even managed to sneak away from him at one point. All of this would be more acceptable if he were a love interest or a father figure, but he’s supposed to be the best damn bodyguard.
Also it is twice he is falling for a Hillside supermodel.
It never said this guy is the best bodyguard out there just a high recommended one he isn't perfect people make mistakes. Having a perfect MC with the story this game has would be boring. All the points you bring up yeah make sense from a logic stand point but that would also be boring to let the MC be too perfect imo. The way these mistakes are made are not only believable but makes him actually feel like a character and not someone that always wins.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
Trying to insult me by saying me Mr. Perfect for a VN is crazy lmao.
Both decisions were wrong—first, not letting Emma go, and then letting her go unsupervised.
The protagonist could have easily negotiated with her, suggesting he follow from a distance. (If not, there could be a scene where the protagonist tries to negotiate this, but Emma refuses.) If she refused, he could have called in a favor from one of his contacts, as he’s mentioned knowing people. He’s a bodyguard—he should have done more to secure Emma. Even with the stalker being caught, that's no excuse for his lack of action.
Zak acted like a complete douche. Hillside has a serious problem with sexual assaults, and instead of comforting Charlotte, he should have been doing his job.
There are other issues too. He didn’t notice anyone following them at the shop—remember, Emma has a stalker problem!
Emma even managed to sneak away from him at one point. All of this would be more acceptable if he were a love interest or a father figure, but he’s supposed to be the best damn bodyguard.
Also it is twice he is falling for a Hillside supermodel.
It wasn't an insult it was a compliment as apparently you never make any mistakes or wrong decisions.
Both the MC and Charlotte's guard was down after being told that Emma's stalker had been caught, by the detective investigating her case. How could he have known how it was going to play out and that the detective was behind it all?
Could and should he have followed her? Sure, I agree. But that's not how it played out, the plot required Charlotte to be there also at the end of the day. And for Emma to see the truth about Zach and for the detective to be revealed as the stalker.
One thing is for sure, is that he will never drop his guard again, well unless the story/plot calls for it anyway lol

Reactions: Old Dog

Mwrp

Jul 27, 2018
It never said this guy is the best bodyguard out there just a high recommended one he isn't perfect people make mistakes. Having a perfect MC with the story this game has would be boring. All the points you bring up yeah make sense from a logic stand point but that would also be boring to let the MC be too perfect imo. The way these mistakes are made are not only believable but makes him actually feel like a character and not someone that always wins.
If it wasn't interesting I wouldn't hunt down this forum and comment about it. And protagonist being Dumb brute wasn't a criticize . I was just sharing my observation.
These things obviously made the story very interesting

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Thanks. I'm doing okay.

It was my sisters funeral on Wednesday, so I was away from home for a few days, as it was held in another part of the country. Hopefully, now that she has been laid to rest, I can start to move forward again.
I wish I could give you and your whole family a hug DB. I'm sorry about everything friend.

HiP1

Dec 3, 2023
One thing is for sure, is that he will never drop his guard again, well unless the story/plot calls for it anyway lol
he will and he already has. he trusted the FBI to settle it. :D he wasted a ton of time, it delayed his preparation and safety measures.
also, he spends most of his time dealing with his feelings and emotions, his focus is completely destroyed. his basic sense of priority even more. and his decision making is a joke.
but that's part of the drama and the story. it wouldn't work if he was just the most professional bodyguard money can find :D

4.20 star(s) 277 Votes